Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bob Guccione A Science Magazine.

Some strange connection went off in my head back to 1981, when I was a loyal subscriber to Omni Magazine, a science magazine published by Bob Guccione.
There was an interesting news story yesterday in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Seems a Coyote trotted into a sub shop in Chicago. I was writing a quiz yesterday when Dr. Kate exclaimed.
Some strange connection went off in my head back to 1981, when I was a loyal subscriber to Omni Magazine, a science magazine published by Bob Guccione. The back page of this magazine had a contest every month. One of the contests I remember was "Future Bumper Stickers". I remember this because, a year later, one of my college roommates informed me she had been a winner that month, for the entry "The shortest distance between two points is under construction". That quip is still attributed to said roommate in quite a few Internet Quote databases.

No comments:

Post a Comment